Temarry Recycling Inc. has been recycling chemicals for more than 40 years. Just as some companies recycle old newspapers and glass into a clean, usable product.
Temarry Recycling Inc. and Recicladora Temarry de Mexico SA de CV do the same with used solvents. Temarry is called a resource recovery facility or TSDF because we recover and reuse valuable natural resources that might otherwise be thrown away. We do this in four ways:
1) A distillation process removes dirt, water and other contaminants from chemicals. It also separates chemicals that are mixed together. The recycled products are returned to industry and used again.
2) Residues left over after distillation are blended with other non-recyclable chemicals into alternative fuel. This is used to heat kilns which make cement.
3) Microorganisms remove trace amounts of chemicals from waste water. This biological process leaves the water clean enough to be reused in our recycling processes.
4) We further reduce our waste by using our waste to energy recovery unit to process the solid hazardous waste, producing steam for our distillation units, thereby reducing the amount of natural resources that would be used to power our boiler.
Temarry recovers almost 75 to 95 percent of the waste that businesses send to us, depending on the industry who generates it.. Only 5 to 25 percent cannot be reused or recycled in some way. This is shipped to other hazardous waste management facilities for alternative fuel, disposal or further treatment. Temarry does use it's on site waste to energy recovery unit to process solid hazardous waste. Like businesses that recycle trash, our operations benefit the environment by: conserving natural resources by reducing the amount of waste going to incinerators and landfills, reducing risks and liabilities associated with less preferable management methods, and finding a beneficial use for what would otherwise be a waste product.
The kinds of chemicals we recycle at Temarry are solvents. Our primary customers are electronics firms, fiberglass industries, boat manufactures, printing businesses, paint and coating industries, and transportation companies.
Chemicals which cannot be recycled at Temarry include reactive or radioactive materials, dioxins, PCBs, medical wastes, pesticides, highly odorous or cancer-causing wastes, explosives or pressurized gas cylinders. Temarry operates a 2-acre site in Tecate, Mexico. We have a laboratory that analyzes waste before acceptance, during each processing step, and after recycling. Our operations are regulated by numerous government agencies:
• U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),
• U.S. Department of Transportation,
• California Highway Patrol.
We are also audited, toured and inspected on a daily basis - frequently by the regulators and even more often by our customers.
Because a business is legally and financially liable for its own hazardous waste forever (cradle to grave), even after sending it to a management facility, our customers want to be sure we are handling their wastes safely and responsibly. They send their own environmental specialists or hire consultants to audit our facility to make sure we are in compliance with all regulations.